This Super Simple Supper is an absolute favorite meal at my house, requested the most, Chicken Poppy seed Bake. Everyone in the family will eat it, and they always go back for more. Sometimes, I cook an extra batch to freeze for another night. I always make this dinner when I take dinner to a friend or relative in a time of need. Its comfort in a dish!
- 3-4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8oz plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- 1 Tbs fresh garlic
- 2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers crumbled
- 1 stick of butter
- Garlic Salt
- Cook the chicken in boiling water until no longer pink.
- Shred the chicken (a kitchen-aid mixer makes this so much easier).
- Add the fresh garlic, poppy seeds, can of cream of chicken and greek yogurt/sour cream and MIX.
- Pour the mixture in to a baking dish and flatten (I use a square 8x8 but a 9x13 will work too)
- Crush the crackers in a large Ziploc bag (I let the kids do this part) and pour on top of the mixture.
- Slice the stick of butter and place randomly of top of the meal.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until crackers become golden brown.
When I serve Chicken Poppy seed Bake, I pair it with canned peas and Orzo pasta. To cook my Orzo, I boil it in chicken broth to add some extra flavor. This meal is a crowd pleaser, for sure!